Observe is a bespoke system that supports your CPD processes – from recording and analysing all types of observations and learning walks, to identifying individual CPD needs and self-reflection. Designed for Primary, Secondary and All-through schools, Observe provides an up-to-date picture of teaching and learning, benefitting all members of staff.
The reports dashboard makes analysis quick and simple, allowing you to easily identify areas of weakness and focus on improving teaching and learning.
Observe supports any approach to quality assurance, meaning you can:
- Define your own outcomes
- Create your own templates
- Create your own fields to capture relevant information according to your own requirements
Variety of options for both graded and non-graded observations. You aren’t limited to Ofsted’s 1-4 grading.
Our resources library allows you to attach evidence and resources to a particular focus area giving everyone in school access to a library of best practice.
Teachers can add their own reflections and be part of a developmental, helpful process to improve their own practice.
Create next steps to close the loop and ensure actions are followed up. Easy and quick to create, saving you hours of chasing and emails.
You have complete control over who can access what, so users will only see information relevant to them.
- Track staff performance with easy-to-follow reports and charts
- Find the specific information you need quickly with multiple filter options to view your data by date period, faculty, subject, staff member, etc.
- Quickly see strengths and weaknesses to provide bespoke CPD where it’s needed most.
- Centrally store records – takes the stress out of Ofsted inspections as all your observation information is readily available in one secure online service.
- Easily manage your department’s observations and see relevant data instantly.
- Build up an online resource library, sharing examples of best practice across your department, or the whole school.
- Everything you need in one place, saving up to an hour for every observation!
- All of your observations in one place and easily accessible.
- See results instantly and add comments, resources and evidence to support your observation.
Observe is web based so there’s nothing to install – everything is set up from our head office. All you need is access to the internet.
Some schools are ready to start recording observations within the hour while others may decide to take a little longer to finalise their set up and create templates. We have plenty of online help to get you started including video tutorials, getting started guides and our acclaimed support team.
Online support is free to all administrators and is available Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm (UK time) via instant Live Chat or email.
See below for the most frequently asked questions relating to Observe. If you still have questions you can contact us and we would be happy to answer them.
Can I record observation / self-evaluation records on a tablet or smart phone?
Yes SISRA Observe can be accessed from any computer or device with internet access.
Do we need to be at school in order to use SISRA Observe?
No. As our services are web-based, they can be easily accessed from any computer or device that is connected to the internet.
Can I carry out joint observations?
Yes. You can add up to five observers to a lesson observation record which allows easy collaboration and sharing.
How many users can we have?
We actively encourage you to add as many users as you wish. The number of users has no impact on the cost of the service.
Is SISRA Observe secure?
Yes, we use encryption provided by GlobalSign EV SSL certificates to ensure maximum protection for your data. For more information please see our data security page
Observe has helped schools save precious hours by providing one point of entry which drastically reduces administration and data entry. Standardise the way staff work by giving the option to publish the templates you want staff to use, then compare outcomes consistently in the reports. Be prepared for anything by making it possible to access up-to-date information which is available at all times.
Want to learn how Observe has helped schools? Read through the following case studies:
The de Ferrers Academy, Staffordshire